Step 1: Register your interest
The first step to finding the right property is to register with MMG by calling us at 212.967.7013 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our Fifth Avenue location, where you can discuss your property requirements with one of our local agents or register your interest about a specific property online. With thousands of properties to choose from, you can rest assured that we’ll have just what you're looking for.
Step 2: Find the right property
Once we have a clear understanding of your requirements, you will receive a selection of properties that match your criteria. We will update you via email alerts whenever new properties become available.
Step 3: Schedule a viewing
We're open at times to suit your busy schedule, convenient for viewing after work and on weekends. Our offices are open from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday through Friday and 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on weekends and our agents are available seven days a week. In order to secure a property, we recommend an early viewing. We will escort you to your viewings, ensuring you arrive in a relaxed frame of mind and then accompany you throughout so that we are on hand to answer your questions immediately and advise when necessary.
Step 4: Qualification
If relocating, prepare the necessary funds before coming to New York. Landlords will not accept personal or out-of-state checks and require certified funds. Anyone renting or relocating must:
- Try to establish a New York bank account before you begin your search. If this is not possible, bring the necessary funds with you.
- Bring enough traveler's checks to cover the cost of two (2) month's rent (which must be converted into certified checks). This comprises your first month's rent and your security deposit.
- Bring funds to cover the broker's fees if your company is not covering that expense. Brokerage fees are paid by you, the tenant, in New York City. These fees are due upon signing of the lease, unless your employer is paying the real estate commission, for which they will be billed directly.
- Bring funds to cover possible move-in/move-out fees
- The day of your appointment, you will meet with the agent who will be working with you. Then you will be taken to each apartment that the agent has scheduled for you to see. We recommend organizing and preparing the necessary information to bring with you in advance, (in order for you to be able to submit an application immediately) including:
- Letter of employment and salary verification (include start date if not yet employed)
- Bank account numbers (checking and savings)
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of personal and business references
- Additional sources of income with verification
- Personal identification with photograph (driver's license or passport)
Step 5: Making an Offer and Submitting an Application
Once you have identified a suitable property, you will be required to complete an application for tenancy where you may state any special conditions of the offer and provide details for your references. We will then communicate this offer to the landlord. Please note that there is an application fee which varies depending on the landlord's requirements. A credit check will be required as part of your application process.
Step 6: Offer Accepted
If your offer is accepted you will need to be prepare to: Sign the lease agreement, Prepare certified checks payable to landlord for payment of first month's rent and security deposit. The amount of security that will be required is determined by the qualifications of each applicant. The deposit will be held in an interest bearing escrow account for the duration of the lease. The deposit will be fully refunded at the end of the lease, provided there is no damage to the apartment and all rent has been paid. Prepare a certified check for the payment of the broker fee payable to Manhattan Management Group, LLC.
Step 7: Move in
On your move-in date you wil be given set of keys and landlord’s contact information. Congratulations! You can now move into your new home.